Construction of boffer war fans

A place to discuss making things like weapons, armor and other phys reps!

Re: Construction of boffer war fans

Postby dukratha » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:19 pm

I replied to this on the new NEROSC board. I am not sure about the effectiveness of using this weapon, but if proper construction tips were used, I don't see an issue with safety.
The absolute best case scenario for a war fan in NERO would be an open cell thrown weapon.

If you wish to use it as a melee weapon, a single core with a standard dagger base would be necessary, and the rest of the fan "blades" should be made from open cell foam.

It is true that this weapon is not listed in the rulebook. But as NERO often encourages creativity, different styles of weapons are possible. In the end, even with standard weapons, it is the weapon marshal's decision whether the weapon passes or not.

I think a cored weapon would require a lot of work and skill to make passable. A thrown weapon would be far easier. However, given the design of the item, it would probably not fly well, unless you were to make the fan LOOK layered instead of actually being layered.
Du'Kratha Seijana
Shadow Scale

((OOG Info))
David Z
Piedmont Rules Marshal
dukratha

Postby Quinn7 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:49 am

Nice post!
Quinn7

Postby Allison12 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:21 pm

I remember how did I do all that stuff, I visited so many stores to find the right foam pads and tools... Oh, it was tough! If you want to remember that moment and could not tell anyone in creative way, I recommend to hire an essay writer now to make your story interesting! I can not wait till the next design I'm gonna make! :P
Allison12

Previous

Return to How Do I?